When I was younger, I was told that one day the perfect man would come along. I am pretty blessed to have someone who, in my opinion, is pretty close to perfect. Marrying the man of your dreams can become a reality and you can live happily ever after.
Having met someone special the question is whether he is the one to marry, whether he is worth marrying and worthy of you. Many believe that love will conquer all, but that is not true. Sometimes love is toxic and that special someone is not for you, certainly not for the long haul through commitment and marriage. Determining whether Mr. Right and you should become Mr. and Mrs. Right is more than a question of the heart. Some may say it is a question of the heart.
Let’s take a closer look at the most important criteria required to make a strong enduring marriage successful with that special man. Narrowing it down to 6 requirements, that reveal he is worthy of marrying you, is not as difficult as it may seem.
6 Signs He’s Worth Marrying
1. Does he put God first, above all else? In order to have any good relationship, God has to be the center of every part of life. If God is not first, the relationship and ultimately marriage will fail.
2. There is a mutual respect and trust between the two of you, without the need to tiptoe on egg shells or fear an act of betrayal. In other words, you respect the other person’s space and have a shared faith that all actions are consistent with your commitment to each other. Acts of irrational jealousy, for example, have no place in the relationship. This represents a distrust.
3. You have similar family goals, interests and preferences such as an equal desire for children and a preference to reside in a general location or environment. Your choices in life have led you to each other and you anticipate moving forward into the future together with reasonably aligned goals and expectations.
4. You each are willing to communicate issues of concern and compromise. In any relationship in order for it to succeed, each person involved must be willing to give and take, in reasonably equal ways without the perception that one is taking more than the other. The willingness and desire to find that middle ground between the two of you is necessary.
5. He is willing to put you ahead of himself. This reflects a selflessness within the relationship and indicates his concern for your safety and well being are tantamount. You really don’t want someone who is too self-centered and cannot see should you feel threatened from the outside or have an emergency situation.
6. You have a general feeling that your relationship has growth potential and may even transcend; that the bond you have together will grow stronger and get better over time. Perhaps you have even feel a spiritual connection.